Laptop stands are great accessories for your laptops and similar portable devices. But instead of opting for commercial laptop stands, you should consider making one your own. We included great tutorials here!
Image Source: Lamicall
Laptops have become an essential part of our lives. We use them for work, school, communication, and for entertainment. But, as we use them more and more, we are also putting them at risk for injury.
Laptop stands can help to protect your laptop from damage. Aside from that, the laptop stands to elevate the screen to your eye level, preventing injuries and incorrect posture. Read on so that you can make your own DIY laptop stand.
Homemade Laptop Stand
While laptops are portable and convenient, they can also be a source of neck and back pain if not used correctly. People are actually prone to body aches (i.e., neck and shoulder pains) the more they spend time using their laptops.
Custom laptop stands are designed to capitalize on making ergonomic work setups. With these stands, you will be able to use your device without compromising your natural posture. Furthermore, these laptop stands can provide cooling mechanisms. Regardless of how many hours you are working, your laptop won’t overheat.
20 DIY Laptop Stands Ideas (With Templates That You Can Make Right Away)
There are many benefits to using a DIY laptop stand, such as being able to customize the height and angle to best suit your needs and having a more sturdy and stable platform to work on.
DIY laptop stands can also be more affordable than buying a ready-made one. If you’re looking for a way to improve your laptop ergonomics, building a DIY laptop stand is a great option. Follow the instructions below to get started.
1. DIY Laptop Vertical Stand
A vertical DIY laptop stand can help secure your laptop while you are not using it. It is an excellent storage system that keeps your device safe from scratches and dents every time it is idle.
In this DIY vertical laptop stand wood video, wood was used as the primary material. It has a compact construction to ensure that it doesn’t consume space on your table.
Materials for DIY Vertical Laptop Stand
How to Make a DIY Vertical Laptop Stand
- Start by cutting the wood into three pieces. They would form the base of the stand.
- Make sure that you create a base that fits the size of your laptop stand.
- Sand the wood to smoothen the edges and prevent them from damaging your laptop.
- Drill holes on the side plates and the bottom base. These are the parts where the screw will enter.
- Sand the stand further to smoothen its surface.
Make Your Own Laptop Stand
Aside from wood, you can also make a durable DIY vertical laptop stand cardboard edition. Either way, these custom laptop stands can do the job of keeping your laptop secured all the time.
2. DIY Laptop Stand Cardboard
Can you make a laptop stand from cardboard? Yes, you can! A DIY cardboard laptop stand provides the benefits of functionality and affordability. Through the use of simple, inexpensive materials, you can create a homemade laptop stand that supports your device properly.
Materials for Cardboard DIY Laptop Stand
How to Make a Cardboard Laptop Stand DIY
- Get your cardboard and measure the ideal dimension of your laptop stand.
- Using a cutter, cut a large portion for the base and two smaller pieces for the supporting panels on the side.
- Make a slightly diagonal cut to the side panels. But leave a portion on their edges that would act as the laptop holder (refer to the video).
- Cut another piece that would serve as the back panel.
- Attach these pieces together using glue. The hollow portion of the laptop stand can be used as storage for the charger, mouse, and other laptop accessories.
Make Your Own Laptop Stand
Creating a cardboard laptop stand is beneficial in many ways. It is inexpensive, easy to do, and surprisingly durable. At the same time, it is environmentally friendly since you are just using recycled materials.
But if you are looking for more optimal solutions for custom laptop stands, feel free to check the provisions of Lamicall
3. DIY Wood Laptop Stand
A DIY wood adjustable laptop stand is an excellent option for people who are looking for a durable yet stylish platform for their laptops. These wooden stands can be used in different setups as long as you assemble them correctly. Recently, we noticed a trend in the DIY wooden laptop stand for beds. Of course, you can create one yourself.
Materials for Laptop Stand Wooden DIY
- Table saw
- Hand saw
- Measuring tape
How to Make a Laptop Stand Wood DIY
- In the video, you can see extensive woodworking skills and craftsmanship. In fact, this DIY requires some experience and knowledge in handling saws and power tools.
- Basically, what is shown in this fantastic video tutorial is the manual production of commercial laptop stands. It’s cool if you can follow it. Hence, we recommend you check the video out so you can follow the tutorial step-by-step.
Make Your Own Wood Laptop Stand
This tutorial is more extensive than the “DIY vertical laptop stand wood tutorial” we presented above. Nonetheless, it is an interesting build that you should try. If you have the materials, tools, and skills, you will be able to create a commercial-quality stand for your laptop and similar devices.
You can also check the products of Lamicall if you want to get premium-grade laptop stands without any inconvenience.
4. DIY Laptop Stand PVC
A DIY PVC laptop stand is a worthy endeavor to try. This laptop stand is durable, resistant to damage, and can support heavy loads. Depending on your skills, you can actually make a DIY PVC pipe laptop stand that possesses similar qualities to some of its commercial counterparts.
Materials for DIY Laptop Stand PVC
- PVC pipe
How to Make a DIY Laptop Stand PVC
- Get a PVC pipe and mark vertical linings around it four times. Each lining should be an inch apart from one other.
- Use a handsaw to cut the line you made in the PVC pipe. You should be able to get four circular PVC strips.
- Cut the PVC strips and stretch them until they become straight.
- Get two of the strips and make square holes on one of their ends.
- Then, get the remaining two strips and create a hook-like structure on their ends. Attach the hooks to the square holes, similar to what is shown in the video.
- The rest of the procedure is indicated in the video tutorial.
Make Your Own DIY Laptop Stand PVC
A DIY PVC laptop stand is an interesting project that you should try, especially if you have the time and skills. If you can do the steps correctly, you’ll end up with a nice-looking, highly-reliable stand.
But of course, Lamicall offers these commercial-grade laptop stands without even breaking a sweat.
5. DIY Folding Laptop Stand
It’s crazy to think that you can create a folding laptop stand with the use of a few materials. If you are a beginner when it comes to DIY projects, this particular tutorial will suit you well.
Materials for DIY Folding Laptop Stand
- Cloth tape
- Jumbo sticks
- Cutter or knife
How to Make a DIY Folding Laptop Stand
- Get your cardboard and draw the dimensions indicated in the video tutorial.
- After that, use the cutter or knife to cut the markings on the cardboard.
- Cut the sticks to a length of 60mm. You should be able to create four smaller cardboard sticks.
- Use the cloth tape to attach the components together.
- Cover the cardboard parts with a cloth tape.
- Follow the video for a more in-depth tutorial.
Make Your Own DIY Folding Laptop Stand
This DIY guide is the perfect option for weekend warriors who want to accomplish quick, easy projects. The by-product is a laptop stand that you can actually use for laptops, tablets, and Macbooks.
At the same time, you should also see the folding laptop stands of Lamicall. These custom-made stands are ergonomic, lightweight, and sturdy enough for regular use.
6. DIY Laptop Stand for Bed
Most of us bring our laptops to our beds. We do it for continuous entertainment and work. Regardless of the purpose, you would need a laptop stand to help you use your device conveniently while lying on your bed.
Materials for DIY Laptop Stand for Bed
- Wooden stripes
- Wooden board/plywood board
How to Make a DIY Laptop Stand for Bed
- Connect two stripes with one bolt and create holes with an equal distance, similar to what is shown in the video.
- Use another bolt through your holes to keep the two strips at the desired angle.
- Connect the two wooden legs you made to the wooden board.
- You can reinforce the stand by attaching two more legs near the main joint. But it prevents the stand from being adjustable.
Make Your Own DIY Wooden Laptop Stand for Bed
This simple project is a beginner-friendly DIY. With the help of scrapped wooden pieces and some power tools, you will be able to create a wooden stand that fits the setting of your bed.
Of course, Lamicall has several provisions when it comes to high-quality wooden laptop stands. You should check them out and see which one you can use in your bedrooms.
7. DIY Laptop Table for Couch
You can also create your own mini laptop table for your sofa or couch. The primary benefit of this project is that it ensures that you can ergonomically use your laptop while you are in the comforts of your living room. It is surprisingly easy to do, and we highly recommend that you should try it.
Material for DIY Laptop Table for Couch
- Wooden panels
- Power drill
- Wood clamps
- Tape measure
- Chair angles (4 holes and 6 holes)
- Sanding block
How to Make DIY Laptop Table for Couch
- Attach similar size wooden panels together to make the tabletop using glue. After this, use the wood clamp to tighten the attachment.
- For the base, get three pieces of wood and attach them in an arrangement shown in the video. You need a drill and screws to do this process.
- For the legs, get three long pieces of wood and connect them, similar to how you attached the wooden base.
- Once done, you can connect all the assembled parts together by screwing nails into their attachment points.
- Sand the table and paint it for better aesthetics.
Make Your Own DIY Laptop Table for Couch
With this DIY project, you will be able to use your laptop in your safe without having to do any awkward and painful postures. For pre-made customized laptop tables, you should check the offerings of Lamicall.
8. DIY Laptop Stand for Desk
A DIY desk stand for laptop is an excellent project you can do during your free time. Just because you have a desk doesn’t mean you no longer need a stand for your laptop. This accessory ensures that you can work on your laptop without slouching or hurting your shoulders.
Materials for Laptop Stand for Desk DIY
How to Make Standing Desk for Laptop
- Get square cardboard and cover its edges with paper. You can also glue paper to the entire body of the cardboard. This will serve as the base of the stand.
- Next, get two rectangular cardboards and cut one of their sides diagonally.
- Cut a circular hole in one of the rectangular cardboards, just like what is shown in the video.
- Attach the rectangular cardboard to the square cardboard. Make sure that the base is slightly elevated from the ground.
- You can also cut smaller pieces or cardboard and attach them inside the body for added support.
Make Your Own DIY Laptop Stand for Desk
A make-shift desk laptop stand is a great way to keep your posture while doing your errands on your laptop. It is generally free or expensive, and you don’t need excellent craftsmanship to do it.
But if you want a high-quality laptop stand for your desk, better check select mounting products from Lamicall.
9. DIY Laptop Stand for Treadmill
A treadmill desk is important for anyone who doesn’t want to miss anything online while staying fit. In the past, these desks were just for smaller devices. But in this tutorial, you will be able to make a DIY treadmill desk for your laptop.
Materials for DIY Laptop Stand for Treadmill
- Shelf board
- Gripping liners
- Rubber bands
How to Make DIY Laptop Stand for Treadmill
- Wrap the gripping liners around the armrests of the treadmill.
- Next, wrap rubber bands around the liners so that they won’t unfurl.
- Place the board on top of the armrests. Since they are wrapped with gripping liners, they prevent the board from moving around.
Make Your Own DIY Laptop Stand for Treadmill
A desk in a treadmill is an innovation that you could do, as well. If you can’t leave your work on a laptop easily, this particular setup is particularly useful. Hence, this DIY project is worth pursuing.
Lamicall also offers customized laptop mounting solutions for personal and business needs. If you want a tailored-fit setup, feel free to inquire.
10. DIY Laptop Stand for Stationary Bike
Similar to treadmills, stationary bikes can also benefit from laptop stands and desks. It is a great DIY addition that converts these bikes into multi-functional workspaces. This project is also easy and affordable. Just follow this tutorial.
Materials for DIY Laptop for Stationary Bike
- Sprain bandage
How to Make a DIY Laptop Stand for Stationary Bike
- Wrap the sprain bandage around the arm of the stationary bike. Make sure that you wrap it tightly so that it won’t loosen once you attach your device to it. Tie a knot if necessary.
- You can now attach the laptop to the bandage by hanging it. However, this setup only works if your laptop has a foldable design. Otherwise, it will not hold your device safely.
Make Your Own DIY Laptop Stand for Stationary Bike
While this setup is simple, it is actually effective in holding light laptops and tablets. We enjoy using it while we are breaking our sweat on the bike.
Of course, Lamicall also offers custom laptop stands to cater to your specific requirements. Feel free to make an inquiry.
11. DIY DJ Laptop Stand
Making a DIY DJ laptop stand is quite tricky. After all, you need the stand to be as stable as possible to handle the energy of your performance. But with a properly designed stand, you can guarantee that the laptop stays in place all night long.
Materials for DIY DJ Laptop Stand
- Wing nuts
- Flathead screws
- Small and large L-brackets
- Support brackets
How to Make A DIY DJ Laptop Stand
- Place two large L-brackets opposite one another. Adjust them to the height that you want.
After that, tighten them using the wing nuts and washers. Create another set of this bracket.
- Once done, connect the support brackets to the two brackets you made earlier. An X-bracket design is recommended.
- Place the doorstops on the bottom holes of the brackets.
- Put the small L-bracket below one of the doorstops. It will hold the small desk for your laptop.
Make Your Own DIY DJ Laptop Stand
The biggest perk of a DIY laptop stand is that it saves you money from buying expensive commercial stands. Your local hardware should be able to supply you with decent materials to complete this project.
Of course, nothing compares to the quality of industrial-grade DJ stands from manufacturers like Lamicall. You should check them out.
12. DIY Laptop Stand for Ventilation
Laptops need ventilation for them to work efficiently. Overheating can slow their performance and result in the gradual damage of their internal components. Hence, a DIY laptop stand with ventilation is a project worth venturing into.
Materials for DIY Laptop Stand for Ventilation
- Wood strips
- Used PC fans
- USB jack
How to Make A DIY Laptop Stand for Ventilation
- Create a pair of long wooden strips and a pair of slightly shorter ones. Also, make four shorter wooden pieces, with the two being slightly shorter than the other two.
- Place the longer pieces of wood against one another. After that, place the slightly shorter pieces on top of them. Connect them using adhesives. Make sure that shorter pieces are correctly spaced to fit the used PC fans in between them.
- Attach the two short pieces of wood to the respective ends of the longer wooden strips. The two shorter pieces go to the other end.
- Next, attach the fans to the support panels via an adhesive.
- Do the wiring and attach it to the USB jack.
Make Your Own DIY Laptop Stand for Ventilation
Essentially, this DIY project is highly recommended for people who use their laptops for rigorous processes. However, if you want a ventilated laptop stand with professional quality, we suggest that you try this option from Lamicall.
13. DIY Laptop Stand Shoebox
You shouldn’t throw your shoebox. After all, you can still use it as a DIY laptop stand. Similar to other tutorials here, this project is easy to do. And it virtually costs nothing except for your little effort.
Materials for DIY Laptop Stand Shoebox
- Used shoebox
- Pair of scissors
- Double-sided tape
How to Make A DIY Laptop Stand Shoebox
- Take the shoebox and open its sides. After that, mark the sides with a diagonal line. Cut the lines, as they will serve as the base of the stand.
- Make a horizontal cut to the front portion of the shoebox. The remaining portion will work as the laptop stopper.
- Cut the side edges of the cover.
- Stick two double-sided tapes of the cover flap, similar to what is shown in the video. Connect the flap and the laptop stopper. Do the same to the side cover flaps.
- Cut a rectangular hole on the top portion of the base for ventilation.
Make Your Own DIY Laptop Stand Shoebox
This project proves that you should recycle your seemingly useless items. Even an unused shoebox can become a reliable stand for your laptop. It is definitely a great DIY craft that you or your kids can do in your home.
14. Cheap DIY Laptop Stand
You don’t need to spend big for a DIY laptop stand. Hence, it is a perfect project for every frugal individual out there. Fortunately, DIY stands aren’t bad, especially if you do them properly, such as in this featured tutorial.
Materials for Cheap DIY Laptop Stand
- Steel pipes
- Steel pipe with T-drive
- Steel nipple
How to Make A Cheap DIY Laptop Stand
- Attach the flange to one end of the steel pipe. It will serve as the main shaft.
- Next, insert a bushing into the main shaft. Tighten and lock the bushings with screws.
- Meanwhile, insert another bushing into the steel pipe with T-drive. After which, insert a 90-degree fitting.
- In the 90-degree fitting, attach another flange. This forms the arm of the stand.
- Insert the T-drive steel pipe into the main shaft.
- Attach the wooden desk to the arm, specifically the one with the steel flange, by drilling.
Make Your Own DIY Cheap Laptop Stand
The project is quite complex, but the components used on it are just less than 20 bucks on your local hardware. For its quality, the price of the DIY stand is already a deal-sealer. Of course, you can opt for Lamicall laptop stands if you want the perfect balance between cost and quality.
15. DIY Laptop Floor Stand
A laptop floor stand is an essential item for anyone who uses a laptop regularly. It helps to keep the laptop at eye level, which reduces neck and back strain. The best thing about this stand is that you can make it yourself.
Materials for DIY Laptop Floor Stand
- Box joint jig
- Corner clamp jig
- Wooden vise
- Quick clamps
- Spring clamp
- 3D-printed star knobs
- Block plane
How to Make DIY Laptop Floor Stand
- You are required to follow the video to accomplish this project perfectly. Basically, you need to create a joint box jig first before you can start with this DIY craft. Secure first the materials before you do this project.
Make Your Own DIY Laptop Floor Stand
Essentially, a laptop floor stands as a worthy endeavor, especially if you have the time and skills to do it. This DIY idea will let you have a portable working station for your laptop and tablets. But if you need something better, just check the laptop stands of Lamicall.
16. Adjustable Laptop Stand DIY
A DIY adjustable laptop stand can help you position your laptop to minimize strain on your neck, shoulders, and wrists. It can also help you keep your laptop cool, which is important for both preventing overheating and protecting your battery life.
Materials for DIY Wood Adjustable Laptop Stand
- Wooden boards
- Table saw
- Table drill
How to Make An Adjustable Laptop Stand DIY
- Place the wooden board on the table saw and cut it into four parts. Sand the wooden blocks so that you can work on them smoothly.
- Using the table drill, create a liner hole in two wooden blocks.
- Cut smaller pieces of wood that would fit in the holes you made. They would serve as the adjustable legs of the stand. Connect them to the base by screwing them.
- Meanwhile, create three to four square slots on the other two wooden blocks. They will serve as the adjustment points of the stand.
Make Your Own Adjustable Laptop Stand DIY
By followinghttps://business.lamicall.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/make-your-own-adjustable-laptop-stand-diy.png this video tutorial, you can make an adjustable laptop stand that has the same quality as some of its commercial counterparts. For high-quality pre-made, custom-built adjustable laptop stands, Lamicall has a lot to offer.
17. DIY Car Laptop Stand
If you’ve ever worked from your car, you know how uncomfortable it can be. Your laptop is too low, the steering wheel is in the way, and you can’t find a place to put your coffee. A DIY car laptop stand can make a world of difference.
Materials for DIY Laptop Stand for Car
- PVC pipe
- Wooden board
How to Make A DIY Car Laptop Stand
- Assemble the PVC pipes to form the base and shaft of the stand, similar to what is shown in the video.
- Attach an L-shaped PVC pipe to the top portion of the shaft. This is where you are going to attach the wooden board.
- Cut the wooden board according to the dimensions of your laptop. You may want to connect wooden guards on the edges to prevent the laptop from falling.
- Place several strips of rubber on the surface of the board. They will create an elevation that addresses overheating issues.
- Connect a PVC cup on the opposite side of the board and connect it via screws. After that, insert the cup into the shaft of the stand.
Make Your Own DIY Car Laptop Stand
There are many benefits of using a car laptop stand. It helps improve your posture while driving. It also lets you remain productive even if you are on the move. Lamicall also offers ergonomic mobile holders for vehicles. Better check them out.
18. DIY Recliner Laptop Table
Having a laptop table for your recliner is heaven-sent. It lets you use your laptop or mobile devices without straining yourself. Unfortunately, there aren’t many custom laptop tables for recliners. The good news is that you can make one by yourself.
Materials for DIY Laptop Table for Recliner
- Wooden board
How to Make A DIY Recliner Laptop Table
- Get the wooden board and cut it according to the size of your recliner. Ideally, its length should exceed the recliner’s arms so that you can place it steadily.
- Sand the board and apply the necessary finishes and paints.
Make Your Own DIY Recliner Laptop Table
Interestingly, this recliner laptop table is very easy to make. You don’t need to spend money on it, especially if you have the tools and materials for it. It is a convenient project that you can do on the premises of your home.
19. DIY Under Desk Laptop Mount
An under-desk laptop table can help you save space on your desk. It can also help you keep your laptop out of the way when you’re not using it. Moreover, it can let you keep the cords organized and tangle-free. You can do this setup in your workspace in your home.
Materials for DIY Under Desk Laptop Mount
- Perforated plates
- Perforated angle connectors
- Bolts and nuts
How to Make An Under Desk Laptop Mount DIY
- Use a file and make the edges of the plates round so that you can work on them safely.
- Place the angle connectors under your desk. Mark their positions and holes. Make sure that they are spaced enough to accommodate your laptop.
- Paint the connectors and plates.
- Next, affix the connectors to the locations you marked using screws. Meanwhile, attach the remaining connectors to the plates.
- Finally, link the connectors of the plates to the connectors under the table by screwing.
Make Your Own DIY Under Desk Laptop Mount
It’s actually easy to create a hidden laptop mount under your table. It is an innovative setup that keeps your laptop safely stashed while you aren’t using it. Of course, it also makes the laptop accessible as you can just take it anytime you want.
20. DIY Portable Laptop Stand
If you work from home or frequently find yourself traveling for business, you know how important it is to have a reliable laptop stand. A portable laptop stand can offer many benefits, including ergonomic support, better airflow, and increased productivity.
Materials for DIY Portable Laptop Stand
- Wooden board
- Scroll saw
How to Make A DIY Portable Laptop Stand
- Draw a template of the laptop standing on a piece of paper. Make sure that its size can support your laptop. You can refer to the video for the recommended drawing.
- Cut the drawing and place it against the wooden board. There, trace the drawing using a pencil. This serves as the guide where you will cut the wood for the portable stands.
- Cut the board using a scroll saw.
- Do some finishes to the stands until it looks good and smooth.
Make your Own DIY Portable Laptop Stand
One of the best things about a portable laptop stand is its versatility. You can use it on your desk, on your lap, or even on the floor. It’s also great for traveling since you can easily pack it in your suitcase or carry-on bag. Hence, don’t hesitate to try this simple DIY project.
Lamicall has portable laptop stands in its product catalog. We recommend that you should see them, as well.
Build Your Own Laptop Stand
There are a number of different laptops stands on the market, but if you’re looking for something a little more affordable, you can always go the DIY route. DIY laptop stands are often more inexpensive than store-bought versions, and they can be customized to your specific needs.
Of course, there’s a limit to the quality of these DIY laptop stands. That’s where Lamicall comes in. Lamicall is a premium manufacturer of high-quality mobile and electronics accessories. We offer a wide array of pre-made stands and custom orders. Feel free to check our products and services.